About the Fund
The Massachusetts 9/11 Fund is a non-profit corporation devoted to supporting families with ties to Massachusetts who lost loved ones in the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001, and ensuring that those lost on 9/11 are not forgotten. Our mission is to commemorate, educate and remember. Our activities include:
- Sustaining ties within the local 9/11 community.
- Coordinating the annual commemoration of the anniversary in cooperation with the City of Boston and Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- Providing oversight and funding for maintaining the 9/11 memorial and contemplative garden in the Boston Public Garden.
- Engaging in community service in the names of lost loved ones.
- Educating the public about the victims and effects of the terrorist attacks of 9/11.
The Fund is governed by a community Board of Directors, which maintains an active and ongoing dialog with a Family Advisory Committee.